Quail & Pheasant Hunting
- When is Upland Wingshooting available at Noontootla Creek Farms?
- Is quail and pheasant hunting available for an individual, or only in a group?
- Do I need a hunting license to quail hunt?
- Does NCF provide equipment to hunt quail?
- Are guides (and dogs) available to hunt quail at NCF?
- How long an activity is a quail hunt?
- Is any food (such as lunch) provided if I sign up for a quail hunt?
- Do I need to provide my own shotgun & shells? If so, what is recommended?
- Can I bring my own dogs?
- Is there an age limit if I’d like to bring my son/daughter to hunt quail?
- Does NCF provide cleaning of the birds?
- Does NCF have Chukar & Pheasant to hunt?
- Do I need a fishing license to fish at Noontootla Creek Farms?
- Can I fly fish for only ½ day at NCF?
- Can we get instruction and then fish at Noontootla Creek Farms?
- Will Quail hunting take place at the same time while we’re fishing?
- Can I use my small stream 3-weight fly rod at NCF?
- What fly patterns do you suggest?
- Can my entire family learn to fly fish at NCF?
- Does Noontootla Creek Farms provide fly fishing equipment?
- Can you host a company outing/corporate group at NCF?
- Does NCF have any accommodations for rent?
- How far is the Noontootla Creek Farms farmhouse from…?
Quail & Pheasant Hunting
Do I need a hunting license to quail hunt?
Current law requires all hunters to be in possession of a shooting preserve license. A 2 year license costs $12 and can be purchased at Noontootla Creek Farms upon arrival OR more info available at www.georgiawildlife.com. Anyone holding a sportsman license is exempt from this additional expense.
Do I need to provide my own shotgun & shells? If so, what is recommended?
Yes, you must provide your own shotgun & shells. Shotguns from .410 bore to 12 gauge. Shells… 7 1/2 to 8 shot only. Shotgun shells (12 and 20 Gauge are available for sale at the Sporting Clays Pro Shop)
Can we get instruction and then fish at Noontootla Creek Farms?
Yes. Please indicate your level of experience and request need for instruction when booking your trip. We offer fly fishing schools throughout the year. Give David a call @ 770-639-4001 and check our website for updates and fly fishing school dates.
Will Quail hunting take place at the same time while we’re fishing?
Possibly, but quail hunts are carefully scheduled with safety of all our guests in mind. One of our sections of water is well away from the quail hunting area.
Can I use my small stream 3-weight fly rod at NCF?
Due to the size of some of the resident fish at NCF, both for the protection of the resource and enjoyment of the angler, we recommend nothing smaller than a 5-weight fly rod.
What fly patterns do you suggest?
This depends upon the particular season. Of course, a great deal of insect emergence always takes place in the Spring & early Summer months. Your guide will be prepared with appropriate flies for the conditions.
Does NCF have any accommodations for rent?
Yes, we have a four-bedroom farmhouse that is available for rental on a nightly basis. Complete details can be found on the Accommodations page.
- Hiawassee, GA 39 miles
- Blairsville, GA 24 miles
- Ellijay, GA 20 miles
- Blue Ridge, GA 20 miles
- Dahlonega, GA 40 miles
- Helen, GA 70 miles
- Gainesville, GA 50 miles
- Atlanta, GA 75 miles
- Rome, GA 80 miles
- Chattanooga, TN 60 miles
- Murphy, NC 50 miles